Sunday, May 3, 2009

This is based on a minor character from the odyssey...

a spoken word poem based on a maid in the odyssey: Melantho's rap:


I’ve been a gangster, a hustler in past lives

always a junkie, a whore whenever I try to live

breathe again, see clear water, air again

Dubbed a slut by my master and employer

who’d have thought he’d come back and become my destroyer?

I slept around, messed with all the bad boy’s minds

I wanted to rebel from the poverty and misery, the biting kind

The sort that stings you like a wasp, why’d I cheat on my boss?

My man chasing after my mistress, my life a mess all hope lost

Drunk as punch, drinking punch and other brews as well

Who’d have thought the rose-cheeked girl would become stoned as hell

Early life

My mistress, sweet and bland as morning tea

Always took good care of me

Showered me like a spring rain, with toys and gifts a plenty

the other maids, girls who would later taste success

in other lives, but for now I was blessed

the one with fair skin, hair smooth and black as pitch

who’d think I would become a bitch

A common fool, a slut, a witch

You know, the kind you’d later burn

But I was hung

Rebellion

I began to grow up, and like other girls experiment

with berries red, hell any color let all cement

on my face, I was causin’ trouble all over the place

lookin’ so fly

you don’t hafta ask why

I was looking so hot like I was 4th of july

Then all the men come round and they wanna court my mother

she’s not a blood relative, and I was looking way hotter

sexy as can be, fresh like the nectar of the gods, that’s me

I met my man that day, waiting among the throngs of men

I poured him brew and we drank till drunk, collapsing into bed

from then on we became close as sword and blood

except he wanted my “mother” instead

No comments:

Post a Comment