Monday, May 4, 2009

Rose Dress (Another part-rap poem)

Rose dress--strapless

Shiny diamond necklace

sparkles in the light, so crystal clear

I know prom's so far from here

I can't afford a limousine so i'll take a cab

My date looks great but he acts so bad

This is no wedding so we're not gonna dance

We'll just look on from past the lights from the stands

looking so fine as we start to hold hands

Yet all this is so far away



Today in the spring freshman girls go to prom

with their older men driving them to the dance room

what can i do but just look on with gloom?

Hooked on thinking cheesy romantic thoughts

My hair's not done, no bouquet's been bought

I have no date, life's not looking too great

Even when i conjure up that image of myself

Looking at that red dress stored away on a shelf

so close i can grab it, close as can be

But prom is like 3 years away from me

so how come all i feel is jealousy

Worry and anxiety?



I'm finished my sob story rap, I'm done

Now go and enjoy yourself at prom

No comments:

Post a Comment