Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day

mother
We have had our differences in music

Not to mention TV, cause I’m no fan of Star Trek

I tried drawing you a card three times, and all in my eyes were wrecked

I turn on the shower while you’re talking on the phone

I turned the bathroom to a swamp, and all you could do was groan

But when you bought a case of munchkins, and without the powdered ones

That made us feel, as Jack would say, you really are “the one”

When I blast Eminem from my room you curse my name

And I run like hell for shelter when it’s time for family games

I tried drawing you a Brooklyn house, a beach scene and graffiti on the subway

So I began with a picture of Spock, that looks more like Kirk as Ted would say

Its annoying how you mute the screen when there’s R Rated material

Like if Chappelle were to play a guy eating crack cereal

Or something that looked way too real

Not censored

That could be a train station, subway or suburban street….



I think in rhymes most of the time like that

I don’t know why I’m in this MC phase

But that’s not the message this conveys

If you don’t know I’ll say it anyway

So here it is mom: “happy mother’s day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment